AmCham in collaboration with KPMG hosted a session to raise ESG awareness. Guest Spekaer Dr. Benedikt Herles – Head of ESG Insights and Innovation for EMEA for KPMG presented on the importance of ESG to business. ESG is not a tool for compliance but also a tool to drive resilience and performance in a demanding microeconomics and geopolitical environment.
New phase ESG 2.0 world, now demands the implementation of the promised ambitions. Stakeholders with advanced expections in the ESG 2.0 prefers to engage with a sustainable, responsible and resilient organisation.
* Consumers demanding products that are sustainable.
* Employees are choosing to work with companies which report their ESG perfomances.
* Companies are required to integrate suppliers into their transformation efforts. Some markets demands for supplier to be ESG compliant in order to service that market.
* In the financial markets, we have increasingly seen green bonds and ESG loans.
* Acticvists and NGOs influence pubic discussions and drive transformation.
The session concluded with panels discussion from companies which are currently intergrating ESG principles into their organisation. Many thanks to our panel speakers who dedicated their morning to come and share their understanding on the subject matter.
Ibrahim Mshido, Director of Business Development DSE Tanzania DAR ES SALAAM STOCK EXCHANGE (DSE) – Mesiya Mwangoka, Tanzania Breweries Limited (TBL PLC) Tanzania Breweries Limited (TBL PLC), Director, Greater Africa Corporate Affairs – Glorious Kimaro, AssocMCIWM, Head of Environment and Energy Management at Vodacom Tanzania Plc – Josephine Mugunda, Government Liaison Tanzania at Alistair Group Khalifa Gwando, Senior Relationship Manager for Public Sector & Corporates (and Tanzania ESG Champion) @Citibank Tanzania.
The panel was moderated by KPMG’s Jon Robert.
Thank you our knowledge partner KPMG East Africa for your continued support.