Founder and CEO, AVAEO
As a board member for AmCham Tanzania, Mr. Karren will use his experience in Tanzania and around the world to help American companies and investors successfully identify opportunities and develop their businesses in Tanzania.
Scott Karren is a catalyst for enterprise startups. He has helped clients and business partners identify investment opportunities, make critical decisions, launch products and enter new markets. With over 30 years of global executive management experience, Scott Karren is a recognized expert on value-added operations, international business, business development, employee training, and product launch.
Clients, past employees, and colleagues commonly cite his insight, cross-functional facilitation, practical approach and optimism as key elements his long-term impact. Mr Karren has successfully completed projects around the world impacting tens of billions in sales.
• As an entrepreneur, Mr. Karren co-founded, financed, and built three companies: MSI Consulting Group, The Launch Group, and Chinawave Broadcom and AVAEO.
• As an Operating Officer, Mr. Karren developed and produced TanzaNutz, the first cashew nut product grown, processed and packaged in Tanzania and exported directly to America. As shown by the TanzaNutz launch, Mr. Karren’s approach to value-added agricultural products opens the door to sustainable prosperity in Africa.
• As a consultant, Mr. Karren coached and trained tens of thousands of senior sales professionals around the world on how to have better executive conversations.
• As an Analyst, Mr Karren has written for publications such as CRN and Ziff Davis, published many IT industry reports, and co-authored the business acumen course The Channel MBA. Mr. Karren also has presented his research and analysis as a keynote speaker at various trade shows and industry events.
• As a leader, Mr. Karren led and managed C-level projects with companies such as Intel, Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, Oracle, HP, and SAP to launch products, create channels, secure key accounts and return organizations to healthy growth.
Mr. Karren’s specialties include marketing, sales, financial analysis, product launch, channel design, program development, sales productivity, marcom, business strategy, product positioning, negotiation, facilitation, community building and Mandarin Chinese.
Mr. Karren earned an MBA from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business in 1989 and a BA Brigham Young University in 1986.