Insightful session with U.S. International Development Finance Corporation and U.S. Trade and Development Agency on various programs and initiatives from U.S. Government. One of American Chamber of Commerce in Tanzania objectives is to assist U.S. Businesses prosper and grow, but also promote Tanzania’s private enterprise system.
hashtagUSTDA grants have dual mission of facilitating the development of sustainable infrastructure projects on emerging economies and supporting the use of U.S. equipment and services by exporting U.S. jobs. Tools available:
· Feasibility studies, Technical Assistance, Pilot projects, Front end engineering
· Give grants to partnership building in conference, reverse trade missions and workshops.
· Sectors of interest: Energy, ICT, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Transportation
· Grant Amount: $500m to $1.5M
· Grantees (public, private, parastatal)
For more information, please see link: https://lnkd.in/d-RHWxXp
hashtagUSDFC: Development financing available to private sector with at least 51 percent shareholding in emerging countries.
· $36 +billion exposure across the world within Africa $9.1 total exposure.
· Tools available (Direct loans, Loans guarantee, equity financing, technical development, political risk insurance)
· Sectors (Energy, healthcare, water & sanitation, financial inclusion, Infrastructure& technology, food security.
DFC presence In Tanzania :
· In 2022, supported mortgage financing initiatives through First Housing Financing (FHF), Financing the expansion of FHF’s loan portfolio of mortgage loans to female, low- and middle-income borrowers in key Tanzanian cities.
· Overall supported $200M in the past 19years.
For more information, please see link below: https://lnkd.in/ekXHJH3
Our partners at the hashtagusembassytz supported not only in presence but with knowledge, and further support when members are interested in the funding opportunities offered by hashtagUSTDA and hashtagUSDFC.
To our members, thank for time and looking forward curating more impactful events in the future.