Amcham East Africa Business Summit its a wrap. This year’s summit was heavily loaded with Top CEOs from fortune 500 companies and focus was in Why Invest in Africa.
1. Africa is young 60% of the population is under the age of 25.
2. Last and largest emerging global market with opportunities like Southeast Asia 20years ago.
3. Supply Chain diversification
4. Trading under AfCFTA
The two day Summit culminated with the signing of MoU between the five Amcham in East Africa (# 🇹🇿 # 🇰🇪 # 🇺🇬 # 🇷🇼 # 🇪🇹) to form “The Council of American Chambers of Commerce of East Africa”. A desirous of greater collaboration and synergy of activities to promote bilateral trade and investment between US and East Africa through:
1. Joint policy and commercial advocate to support conducive investment environment for Amcham members in the region.
2. Joint capacity building programs.
3. Market intelligence and information sharing of know-how.
Many thanks to member companies who travelled to Kenya for the summit , Ministry of Industry Trade and Investment, Tanzania Investment Center, Tanzania Embassy in Kenya, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.